Jeans-Stealer Den
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.

A community forum for Wargamers and Roleplayers alike from Timisoara, Romania.

Nu sunteti conectat. Conectați-vă sau înregistrați-vă

Random Games

3 participanți

In jos  Mesaj [Pagina 1 din 1]

1Random Games Empty Random Games Mier Sept 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Garak

Garak
Admin

Pentru ca nu am chef sa fac thread de fiecare data cand poate apare ceva interesant de discutat legat de PC games fac acest thread general.

Cand ne-am intalnit la Fabrica de Bere eu am mentionat ca C&C Tiberian Sun was the best of the lot and had the best movies between missions. Now I don't feel right saying that without showing you guys the evidence.

From Tiberium Dawn (the first game) in which everyone talks to you as if you really are the general in charge (it's kinda nice but it gets old after a while):

GDI

NOD (Kane is awesome)

and the end of every mission also had a short CGI action movie (Red Alert also had this), a feature I always liked and which got dropped for Tiberium Wars (the 3rd game).

From Tiberium Sun (my favorite of the series) and as you'll see in a moment it's much more cinematic. The game also stops treating you as the guy in charge as it's busy telling a story:

GDI (James Earl Jones is in charge of GDI - Kane vs Vader in other words)

NOD

Kane is glorious to watch

and the CGI short movies also got better

From Tiberium Wars (third game) where they start treating you like the guy in charge again and the movies become boring:

GDI

NOD

and the CGI action movies at the end of the mission have been cut out - that makes me sad

From Tiberium Twilight (the last game in the Tiberium series) and ... Throne is this bad:

GDI

NOD (even Kane can't save this shit)

GDI ending

NOD ending

2Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Mier Sept 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Tarash_Bulba

Tarash_Bulba
Furacios de blugi

Ah, ce vremuri. Very Happy Chiar daca erau cheesy, filmuletele erau super si dadeau o tona de gust jocurilor. Dune 2000, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, amintiri faine.

Astia de la EA chiar foloseau actori adevarati si tin minte ca terminam misiunile doar ca sa vad filmuletele cinematice.

Din seria Tiberium, al doilea cu James Earl Jones si Michael Biehn a fost cel mai fain.
Totusi Dune 2000 ramane jocul favorit de la EA.

Also Kane is awesomest. Cool

P.S: Ce gunoi de joc a fost Twilight (oare are legatura cu mizeria cu glow in the dark vampires? LOL)si ending-ul este in principiu acelasi. Adica Tiberium gone, Kane gone, totul este nice and sunshine. Ce final de kko pt. franciza.

P.P.S: Acum imi dau seama ca in Tiberium Wars (pe langa M. Fuc*ing Awesome ironside) joaca si tipa aia asiatica din Battlestar Galactica si dude-le ala din Lost. Tare.

P.P.P.S: Mammoth = AT-AT. Always. Twisted Evil

3Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Mier Sept 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Garak

Garak
Admin

In Tiberium Wars e si tipa din House MD.

And since you mentioned the other games:

Red Alert

Red Alert 2

Dune 2000 (btw the Atreides Mentat is Gimli from LotR)

Emperor: Battle for Dune

and some more Kane

4Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Mier Sept 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Tarash_Bulba

Tarash_Bulba
Furacios de blugi

Oooo da, Jhon Rhys-Davies. One awesome fella.

Also, M. Biehn screaming "Nooooooooooo!!!!" in the cinematic of end of the Nod campaign is almost as epic as Luke's "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" when he learns James Earl Jones is his father. Wink

P.S.: Kane speech FTW. I'd totally vote for the guy.
BTW, actorul care il joaca pe Kane, a jucat si in ceva regular movies? Ca tipul se descurca bine in cinematicele din seria Tiberium.

Ultima editare efectuata de catre Tarash_Bulba in Joi Sept 29, 2011 7:01 pm, editata de 1 ori

5Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Joi Sept 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Garak

Garak
Admin

Well, Joseph D. Kucan was the guy who directed the cinematics of the game (until EA took over utterly) and when the series began he was only professional actor they had.

He's never been in a movie but according to wiki this is his Gameograhy (notice how all the boring cinematics happen after he stopped directing them):

The Legend of Kyrandia: Fables and Fiends (1992), Virgin Games
The Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate (1993), Avalon Interactive
Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos (1993), Westwood Studios
The Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge (1994), Virgin Interactive
Monopoly (1995), Hasbro Interactive
Command & Conquer (1995), Westwood Studios (played Kane and directed cut-scenes)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert (1996), Westwood Studios (played Kane and directed cut-scenes)
Lands of Lore II: Guardians of Destiny (1997), Avalon Interactive
Blade Runner (1997), Virgin Interactive
Dune 2000 (1998), Westwood Studios
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Retaliation (1999), Westwood Studios
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (1999), Westwood Studios - EA Games (played Kane and directed cut-scenes)
Nox (2000), EA Games
Command & Conquer: Firestorm (2000), Westwood Studios - EA Games (played Kane and directed cut-scenes)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (2001), Westwood Studios - EA Games
Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge (2001), Westwood Studios - EA Games
Emperor: Battle for Dune (2002), Westwood Studios - EA Games
Command & Conquer: Renegade (2002), Westwood Studios - EA Games (voiced Kane and directed cut-scenes)
Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat (2002), EA Games
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (2007), Electronic Arts (played Kane)
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (2008), Electronic Arts (played Kane)
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (2010), EA Los Angeles - EA (played Kane)

6Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Dum Oct 09, 2011 10:40 am

Garak

Garak
Admin

So anyone here interested in playing some Myth:SB with TFL missions added? All you need is the Myth 2 cd and latest patch(which I have) and an account here. With an account there you can play the game on line. I'm more interested in playing the campaign from Myth 1 and 2 in co-op than anything else but we can always just randomly slaughter each other. If anyone is interested PM me.

7Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Mar Noi 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Garak

Garak
Admin

Right so I played the TOR Beta and loved it. Thus I'm going to link you guys to these videos since they show off the game's story capacity pretty well.

8Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Joi Dec 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Garak

Garak
Admin

Finished Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It was pretty fucking awesome (Skyrim is better duh). I highly recommend the three CoD: Modern Warfare games to anyone who likes shooters, adrenaline and war. These games are full of awesome missions and WTF moments.

SPOILERS WILL EAT YOUR BRAINS IF YOU KEEP READING

SPOILER ALERT

REMEMBER I SAID SPOILERS... OH WAIT YOUR BRAIN WAS EATEN GO RIGHT AHEAD FHTAGN

Modern Warfare:

-seeing president Al-Fulani's execution through his eyes ... get used to this

-the American missions which feel like Iraq are pretty awesome and feel more intense due to the contrast to the SAS black ops missions where you often team up or are helped by Russian loyalists led by Kamarov (which are awesome for being black ops missions and Captain Price is the damn Chuck Norris of these games).

-that one mission where you are a gunner in an AC-130 gunship and provide fire support for the SAS guys. You are totally invincible since the bad guys have nothing that can reach you and the whole mission is just you blowing shit up from high above and feeling god like

-the American missions end with you trying to rescue a downed chopper pilot and you ALL die when a NUKE blows. you live just long enough to see the devastation around you before your injuries get the better of you

-a stealth mission (where you play as Price) in Prypiat (the place is fucking creepy) which at one point has you going flat in the grass while tanks and enemy troops pass by so close you could touch them (and if you do, you die) and it all culminates in a hold out battle against pissed off Russian Ultranationalists after a very awesome sniper shot that nobody could have survived (jinxed like all hell)

-the ending missions have you assaulting a nuclear missile base to stop the nukes that were launched, then an epic car chase which ends with a last stand on a bridge that got blown up and you're wounded and get to see your comrades get casually executed before the cavalry (Kamarov) arrives and you put a bullet in the bad guy's head (Price gives you the gun as he's to wounded and you [Soap -it's a nickname] take the shot). it's awesome

Modern Warfare 2

-the highly controversial level where you walk into an airport and gun down civies (not saying it was awesome or cool since I felt like a dick during that mission but it was highly memorable and it does spark off the crap fest that follows)only to die at the end, killed by Makarov. oh and you were an american undercover agent ... yeah the russians figure that out

-all the American missions (again) but mostly because america is being invaded by the Russians (High Octane Nightmare Fuel for any American) and let's face it - having to storm the White House in order to retake it from the Russians after seeing the evac point around the Washington monument get fucked and now the city has lost all power due to an EMP blast from a nuke in the atmosphere and it's raining like a monsoon for some reason is pretty intense no matter where you live

-the oil rig assault was pretty fun mostly due to the hostage rescue bits where you put a charge on a door, trigger it and storm the room in bullet time and then storm a gulag to save a guy that Makarov really hates ... turns out it's Price who then leads you in an attack on a russian sub base, boards a sub and fires a nuke toward Washington which detonates high in the atmosphere but the EMP puts the East coast in a black out (which fucks the russians) ...and you watch it explode through the eyes of an astronaut from the space station which then get's fucked by the nuke and the last thing the astronaut sees is a bit plate of debris heading straight for his face

-the mission where you storm the bad guy's safe house and gather intel ends with you being betrayed by an American general who was pissed that the world simply went (eh, shit happens) when his troops got nuked in MW1, so he used the terrorist asshole to hit the russian airport and spark the USA-Russian war simply so he could be put in the history books as an american hero for saving america from the russians (insanity 101?). so the level ends with him shooting you and your team, and you get to watch (first person mode duh) as they dump your body in a ditch, cover it in fuel and the general throws a lit cigar on you and ... well you burn. cue me burning with hate and a desire for vengeance. thankfully the game delivers

-the following missions with Price and Soap taking revenge on the general, hunting him down (and his Shadow Company black ops dudes) and killing him in a pretty brutal brawl that ends with Soap critically injured ... oh and they are now wanted men for killing a hero and being blamed for all sorts of crap they didn't do

Modern Warfare 3:

-sabotaging a russian sub in New York harbor to force it to surface so you can board it and use it's missile payload to fuck the russian fleet parked in said New York harbor, duking it out with the american fleet in a close up fuck fest brawl with planes flying overhead I'm not making this shit up, it is this insane

-being a bodyguard for the russian president and his daughter (on a plane) when Makarov strikes (the pilot loses control for a moment during which everyone inside gets weightless. In the middle of a firefight) and takes the president .... obviously you get to die again

-getting to control a UGV (Unmaned Ground Vehicle) armed with a grenade launcher and minigun against african warlord milita asshats ... now you know how a Space Marine feels like

-running around London trying to stop a charity truck carrying a chemical weapon ... only to find it's empty. cue horror

-capturing the guy who made the chem weapon (which was used in every major capitol in europe ... oh and the russians are now invading everyone because fuck it). the guy is hiding in the catacombs under paris ... which got chem weaponed so the troops are all in gas masks and the streets are choked with dead civilians who had no fucking gas masks against random chem bomb attack (it all helps make you hate Makarov) ... oh and the eifel tower get's fucked in a bomb run that saves your butt

-infiltrate Prag (where civilians are getting executed on the street and Russian loyalist -who helped in the first game- are making a resistance movement) to kill makarov. it ends horribly (Kamarov get's caught and has a bomb strapped to his chest which goes off, Soap is mortally wounded and dies of blood loss [Price shouts a NO worthy of Star Wars] and Price finds out the player character knows Makarov ... and punches you down the stairs)

-finding out Yuri (the PC) knows Makarov and was there when Price did the awesome snipe in Prypiat which almost killed their lunatic hero (big bad from MW1), they set off the nuke that killed all those American troops (30k to be precise) and sent General Shephard into that insane plot I described above which triggered this whole fuck fest war, but Yuri got sick of the terror attacks and was shot by Makariv right before the airport fuck fest - he survived however and now wants revenge

-a tank commander sticks his head out of his hatch to discuss strategy with a supporting infantry squad and is killed by a sniper round. The tank's gunner spots the sniper and returns fire. With a 120mm High Explosive round.

-trying to save the russian president's daughter from a fucked up berlin only to have the russians drop a building on us and Makarov takes the girl

-Price, Yuri and the Americans storm the salt mine (yeah) where the russian president and his daughter are being held. they evac them but the Americans remain behind to cover the evac and the whole place blows up. the war is over however since the russians make peace (Makarov was goading both sides on and the ultra-nationalist fanatics only listened to him anyway)

-Price and Yuri (you play as Price for the series ending) dressed in fucking Terminator armor storm the Hotel Oasis in Dubai, wreck the place and go gunning for Makarov. Yuri dies but Price curbstomps Makarov (This is for Soap!) in a very brutal death that was still faster than that asshole deserved. then Price sits back and smokes a cigar while watching Makarov swing and contemplating all his dead comrades (I'm guessing)

If you want to die of adrenaline overdoes play these three games back to back without taking a break. Sigh, I just challenged myself.

9Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Sam Dec 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Garak

Garak
Admin

WARNING THERE BE DRAGON SPOILERZ AHEAD

TOR SITH INQUISITOR ENDING FOR THOSE WHO NEVER INTEND TO TRY THE CLASS OR ARE NOT BOTHERED BY HOW THE STORY ENDS SINCE IT'S THE JOURNEY THAT MATTERS

10Random Games Empty Re: Random Games Lun Dec 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Bogdan

Bogdan
Furacios de Gin

Amazing. Nu am reusit sa termin story-line-ul in beta test dar e bun in orice caz.

Continut sponsorizat

Sus  Mesaj [Pagina 1 din 1]

Permisiunile acestui forum:
Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum